If you have sensitive teeth, you understand how inconvenient and painful eating and drinking your favorite foods and drinks can be. Tooth sensitivity is a common dental problem that could be caused by many different things, but we are here to help you find a remedy that can relieve your tooth sensitivity and give you the comfort you deserve!
The most common cause of tooth sensitivity is when your gums move away from your tooth, exposing the dentin underneath. When the dentin is exposed, the hot, cold, sweet, and sour foods and drinks have easy access to your tooth’s nerves, which is why you experience pain when you eat or drink these products. There are also other causes of tooth sensitivity, like teeth grinding habits, teeth-whitening treatments, and plaque buildup, but there are many remedies you can use to help, and some of those remedies include:
• Brush twice a day, floss once a day, and rinse with mouthwash daily.
• When you brush, use a soft-bristled toothbrush and toothpaste that caters to tooth sensitivity.
• Avoid eating acidic foods.
• Don’t grind your teeth. If you have grinding habits, you can protect your teeth with a mouth guard.
• Attend your dental checkups every six months.
If you are interested in knowing the best remedy for your specific situation, we encourage you to call our office today and schedule an appointment with our dentist. We are here for you and your smile, and we are more than happy to help you relieve your tooth sensitivity!