How would you rank your oral health care? Would you say that you are adequately caring for your teeth and gums or would you agree there is a lot you could be doing to improve your smile? The chances are that even with excellent oral health tactics, there may be many little tricks and techniques you could and should be using to ensure your mouth is as healthy as it should be.
Take the following oral health care hygiene and habits quiz:
– Do you safely store your toothbrush when not in use in an open space free of contamination?
– Do you always use products that are dentist-recommend or come with the ADA Seal of Acceptance?
– Have you been given a full examination from your dentist or doctor clearing you of any eating disorders?
– Do you avoid eating any kinds of snacks between meal times?
– Do you eat a balanced diet featuring nutritious meals from all five major foods groups?
– Do you protect your teeth and gums from physical damage by always wearing appropriate safety gear and equipment when playing sports or other high-risk activities?
– Do you always schedule and attend your bi-annual professional cleanings and oral examinations with your dentist?
– Do you protect your mouth from bacteria that causes bad breath by always brushing your tongue, teeth, and gums and using mouthwash if necessary?
– Do you protect your teeth from hard or tough foods that can easily crack or chip your teeth?
– Do you protect your teeth from mouth jewelry that can easily crack or chip your teeth?
If you said yes to 1-4 questions, your oral health could be suffering and your hygiene habits need to improve.
If you said yes to 5-9 questions, your oral health is likely at risk and your hygiene habits still have room for improvement.
If you said yes to 10 questions, your oral health should be in great shape, and you are well on your way to having optimum oral health care habits.
What score did you get? Dr. David Duke and our team at Dental Designs of Bountiful would love to see you at our dentist office in Bountiful, Utah. To schedule an appointment, please call us at 801-295-7171. We will be glad to help you achieve the results you are looking for.